[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: GetBoundingBoxesForStrings

  • From: "Matthew Allen" <fret@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 9:15:37 +1000

> > I'm trying to get the bounding box of a string including the whitespace.
> > And BFont::GetBoundingBoxesForStrings gives me just the size of the
>
> It's perhaps debatable whether or not this could be considered correct.
> Perhaps it's incorrect and should be fixed. But there is a work around:
> you can use StringWidth()

StringWidth does indeed give me what I want. All my text is looking spot on.

Most of my IDE now works. The bugs are getting less and less severe. I might be
able to self-host the build system shortly, which would mean better makefiles.
The current code base generates much better dependencies than the hand written
makefiles I've been using to date. Having the minimum re-build set is a big win
when the compile/link cycles are so slow. I'm keen to try a non-debug kernel
with a non-indexed 2nd partition for maximum compile performance but I wouldn't
know where to start settings that up. I'm assuming I'd have to configure and
then build the kernel and then install it?

Thanks for your help.
--
Matthew Allen