[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Development context

  • From: Leonard Sitongia <sitongial@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 18:51:43 -0700

I'd like to get a better idea of the big picture of developing apps for Haiku. I've looked over documentation, and I don't know the answer to the following questions. Can you help me, please?

What is the relationship between Haiku and Qt? Is Qt the recommended/required graphical toolkit?

What's the relation to KDE? I see HaikuDepot has a lot of KDE apps (and has/uses the latest Qt). Is it a good idea to develop KDE apps to run on Haiku?

What's the relation to FreeBSD? I've seen a compatibility library mentioned. Is that still the case? Does this apply to device drivers on up to application?

Thank you.
--
==Leonard doing Haiku