[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Capturing the "NTCH" message

  • From: "Yashasvi A.C." <yashasviac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:34:25 +1300

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 7:31 AM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Best regards,
> -Stephan

Hi!

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I did look at the BeBook and found
a suitable method "FindMessenger()".
The code I use is:
*BMessenger* myMessenger;
message->FindMessenger("source", 3, myMessenger);

*Hopefully, I am correct about how to use this method. But my problem is
then looking at what myMessenger contains. I went through the BeBook for the
BMessenger class but couldn't find anything similar to a toString() method.
So, my specific problem is if there is any way I can print out the
BMessenger class? If BMessenger itself prints out the word "CheckBox1", that
means its works perfect. Or, do I not understand BMessengers correctly?
Maybe I should be looking at myMessenger->Target() and print out the BLooper
or something?

Cheers,
Yash