[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Building Screensavers

  • From: Andrew Wood <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2012 22:08:34 +0100

Im trying to put together a screensaver add on which will cycle through a series of JPEG images as a slideshow.

I dont know if anything like this is in development but if not Id like to contribute it to Haiku when its done.

The only instrucions I can find for screensaver development is a copy of the Be Book for R5 at http://www.bebox.nu/bebooks/BeBookR5/

It says to link against the screensaver prefs app but I cant get that to work. Looking through the filesystem on Haiku I see there is a screensaver library so Ive tried linking against that but Im still getting linker errors about there being no main() function.

If I pass the -c flag to GCC to suppress the linking, it compiles but the screensaver wont load.

What is the procedure for building under Haiku, what do I link against?

Thanks
Andrew