[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Boost ported - without mpi

  • From: ciprian.nedisan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 02:15:51 +0200

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012 21:52:26 +0200 Ingo Weinhold
<ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx> wrote:
>Out of curiosity, assuming that boost has a test suite, does it
>pass as well?

I tested most of the boost libraries nearly all test are passed,
but to my surprize there are still exceptions:
* the tests on boost.locale seems to fail because of a linker
problem (I guess this is not a major problem, it's related to
libiconv / icu).

* some of the tests of the library boost_filesystem fail too.

* the library boost threads is tested very intesively (a lot of
tests) by the testsuite, and all tested seems to work fine, with
the following exceptions:

1)
this example fails
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_50_0/libs/thread/example/monitor.cpp
it prints: sent 0  , sent 1, sent 2 , recevied 0, received 1 , and
then it seems to be waiting for receaving the 2, which is never
coming

2)
test_condition_notify_one.cpp(128): error in
"test_condition_notify_one": check multiple_wake_count==3 failed

...failed testing.capture-output
../../../bin.v2/libs/thread/test/test_condition_notify_one.test/gcc-
4.6.2/debug/threading-multi/test_condition_notify_one.run...

failed testing.capture-output
../../../bin.v2/libs/thread/test/test_2309_lib.test/gcc-
4.6.2/debug/threading-multi/test_2309_lib.run...

and one or two tests are not compile because:
#error "Test not applicable:
BOOST_THREAD_DEFINES_CONDITION_VARIABLE_NATIVE_HANDLE not defined
for this platform as not supported"
conclusion:
1)
The thread library has passed many hundred of tests and failed just
a few times, so I guess it's not much missing to have it fully
working.

2)
The not compiling of the test suites of the locale library, can
perhaps be solved by the one who ported icu to haiku. (I think it
should be that hard)

3)
About the failing of the tests of the filesystem library, i have
not yet a clue.

So it seems, there is still work needed on the boost port. It seems
it could help to improve  the haiku system itself.

cipri