[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: [BeZillaBrowser] Coding guidelines

  • From: Rahul Krishnan <pprahul@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:51:55 +0530

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM, Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2010-02-13 at 11:47:06 [+0100], Rahul Krishnan <pprahul@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> > While I was working to fix issue #427 [
> http://dev.osdrawer.net/issues/427],
> > I could trace the problem to a file
> > ../browser/components/preferences/preferences.xul
> >
> > This file is used to set the parameters of the Preferences dialog box
> that
> > opens when you click
> > Tools -> Options (or now proposed to be changed to Preferences - patch
> > http://dev.osdrawer.net/issues/448).
> >
> > This file is a generic one, containing definitions for all types of
> systems
> > - Mac, XP_Win and various other ones too.
> >
> > Since I am completely new to the policies of Haiku, I would like to know,
> if
> > it should remain as a generic one,
> > or can it be modified for working only on Haiku ?
> >
> > I was able to find a fix for #427, but hasn't committed a patch for it,
> due
> > to this confusion.
>
> "Preferences" would indeed fit into the Haiku conventions much better.
>
> Best regards and thanks for working on this!
> -Stephan
>
> Thank you. :)

I would like to know if the code written as a generic one for all OS's could
be removed so that it is suited for Haiku.

For e.g:
#ifdef USE_WIN_TITLE_STYLE
 title="&prefWindow.titleWin;"
#else
 title="&prefWindow.titleGNOME"
#endif

Should these options be omitted and only the one with titleGNOME be put in
the code ?
I am not sure of the coding policies regarding BeZilla project integrated
into Haiku.

Regards,
--
Rahul Krishnan