[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: BMessage target for replicant on desktop

  • From: Mauro de Wit <maurodewit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:02:24 +0100

> hey Tracker get Shelf of View "PoseView" of Window "Desktop" is working
> as well.
> Why do you think that view is named "desktop"?

Because this is what I see in src/apps/login/DesktopWindow.cpp in the
Haiku sources:
BView *desktop = new BView(Bounds(), "desktop", B_FOLLOW_NONE, 0);

But judging on its path, this is not the main desktop window. I guess
I was wrong.

I have it working now. The PoseView has index 0.
One strange thing:
AddSpecifier("View",0) doesn't work. The compiler gives an error about
ambiguous args,
AddSpecifier("View", var) works correctly if var has value 0.
AddSpecifier("View", 1) is allowed.

This leaded me to think the index was 1 based.

Thanks for the fast help guys!

ciao
Mauro