[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Advice on using lipwarpsharp for my Cover Art Display Plugin for CL-Amp

  • From: hey68 you <hey68you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:58:42 +0200

I'm writing this to Stephan Aßmus but anyone can feel free to respond:

If you have a moment, can you please advise me on the best way to add smooth
scaling to my new CL-Amp plugin:

http://www.bebits.com/app/4622

I tried your warpsharp executable demo with a high radius number (100) and
it worked nicely.  (libwarpsharp.so <http://www.bebits.com/app/2865>)

So I haven't looked at warp demo code too much yet, and wanted to check with
you about what would be the best way to do smooth scaling that would work on
both BeOS and Haiku.

 Should I use warpsharp or something else (like AGG Antigrain Geometry which
seems to be a much harder learning curve).

Here is the code snippet that I need to modify to use smooth scaling:

        BBitmap* background =
BTranslationUtils::GetBitmap(this->strImageFile);
        BRect rectImage = background->Bounds();

        if (bPREFS_SCALE_IMAGE)
        {

this->SetViewBitmap(background,rectImage,BRect(0,0,SCALED_WIN_SIZE,SCALED_WIN_SIZE));
            Window()->ResizeTo(SCALED_WIN_SIZE,SCALED_WIN_SIZE);
        }

Thanks,
hey68you