[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: Adding BView to Deskbar

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 15:17:45 +0100

Am 28.01.2011 14:27, schrieb Robert Stiehler:
yes it's called in the "ReadyToRun()" of the class which inherits from
BApplication method. I changed the attributes to "B_FOLLOW_NONE,
B_WILL_DRAW" and the size to 16x16 but makes no difference same problem:
"name not found". :(

The important thing here is that your code works on BeOS. So obviously there is a bug in Haiku somewhere. One thing you could try is to add a custom view to the Deskbar, and draw something in that view (paint the background red). That way, you can see if your view is indeed added in BeOS, or whether there is also an error and only a placeholder is added. You could always try to debug the situation, to see where the error is originating. I am not so familiar with the Deskbar replicant functionality, so I can't give you good pointers, but the code rejecting the replicant may be in src/kits/interface/Shelf.cpp. Debugging the issue requires building your own images and adding/replacing code in libbe.so. If that's not your thing, you can create a ticket for the problem, if not already done, but then you don't know when someone will have the time to look into it. In fact, you should create a ticket regardless, then you have a place to attach your patch, should you create one. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan