[haiku-3rdparty-dev] Re: AI to HVIF

  • From: Pete Goodeve <pete.goodeve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-3rdparty-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 19:00:06 -0700

Followup....

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 06:05:55PM -0700, Pete Goodeve wrote:

> Here's the output when I tried to save a new copy of the file:
>
> > /boot/home/config/settings/deskbar/Applications/Icon-O-Matic
> > Streetpaint.icon
> _ReadPathSourceShape() - shape references non-existing path 255
> _ReadPathSourceShape() - shape references non-existing path 255
> failed to export to buffer: General system error
> Statistics
> --style section size: 1057
>            gradients: 0
>  gradient transforms: 0
> ---path section size: 234
> --shape section size: 0
> ---total/different points: 246/97
> Error saving icon attribute: General system error
>

> You said the file was a flattened message, so I hoped I could examine
> it with 'message', but that doesn't work.  Is there any way to do it?

On closer examination, I saw that the icon file just has four initial identifier
bytes.  I stripped those off (with matt) and got my message listing.

In fact there wasn't a 'non-existing path', but there were 401 styles!
So I went in and deleted the 394 unused ones (again one by one (:-/))
and the file instantly becomes perfectly useable.

Mystery solved, I guess.

        -- Pete --