[hackpgh-ham] Re: Tuesday night informal net

  • From: "j. eric townsend" <jet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:52:43 -0500

I agree, getting some practice on having a net control and checking in/out of the net would be good.

On 2/15/11 13:26, Ed Paradis wrote:
It's that day of the week.  The time is 9pm.  The place is the
Pitt/PARC repeater. If someone is already there, just stick around
till the repeater clears up.

Listening to some of the other nets going around, I'd like to maybe
try out some of the more formal net procedures, like 'handing off the
mic'.  It would sure make talking with more than 2 or 3 people easier.
  It'll be good practice for working in the more rigorous nets you hear
on HF and on the local repeaters, without some grey-hair jumping up
your nose for a mistake.  I've never really tried it before so I'd
like to get a better handle on it.

Ed

--
J. Eric Townsend