[hackpgh-ham] Trapped antenna traps...

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 15:11:15 -0400

Ed's been talking about doing a multi-band HF antenna using traps, so
as I was catching up on my backlog of QSTs, I ran across a potentially
interesting article. The January '11 issue (too new to be an ARRL
website download option) has an article on the construction of traps,
effects of different coax choices, etc. Not sure if it'll have
anything anyone doesn't already know... I liked it because the author
did a bunch of tests to check the antenna/trap design programs
theoretical conclusions and found ways to simplify the trap
construction compared to the 'normal' pvc-pipe based design.

-D