[hackpgh-ham] Re: Popular local frequencies?

  • From: Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:06:26 -0500

Yes, I'd consider 2m and 70cm 'essential in an HT'.

If you like to listen to commercial (AM/FM) radio, air traffic, or
shortwave, you could look at units with receivers that work in that
range.

The only other bands I've seen in an HT are 6m and 1.25m.  They're
probably not worth the price you have to pay to get them.  1.25m is
very rarely used and 6m should probably have something with more power
and more modes than you'll get in an HT.