[hackpgh-ham] Latest QST

  • From: Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 20:51:39 -0500

Hey guys,

I got the March 2011 QST today and it has a few interesting articles
in it.  One is a simple sound card to radio interface that doesn't use
a serial or USB port.  It activates the PTT on the radio using a
simple VOX circuit.

It's an antenna-oriented issue, so there are a ton of antenna designs.

There's a permanent dual-band UHF/VHF antenna for a car that looks
like a normal car antenna.

There is also an "almost end fed" 20 meter antenna for QRP.  He
mentions that the original design was for high power, and it looks
like it could be beefed up.

There are a few other neat designs in there too.

I'll have my copy if in my shop kit if any one wants to peruse it.

Ed