[hackpgh-ham] LC Filter design website

  • From: Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 12:18:34 -0400

If you have a Funcube Dongle, you might be noticing that you need some
filtering on the input because it is so broad band.

Here's a website with a calculator for various types of LC filters,
including bandpass filters.
http://wa4dsy.net/filter/filterdesign.html

These filters can't get too narrow, so here's my shot at something to
cover the 2m band:
http://wa4dsy.net/cgi-bin/lc_filter3?FilterResponse=Bandpass&poles=6&CF=146&cfunits=MHZ&cutoff=4&funits=MHZ&Z=50

The next step would be to figure out what values of capacitors I can
actually buy and then input them into some sort of simulator to see
what the response would be.

These would be constructed inside a small box made of copper-clad PCB
material with two BNC or SMA connectors on each side.

Ed