[hackpgh-ham] Re: Indoor Antennas

  • From: "j. eric townsend" <jet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 19:39:44 -0500

I might be in the shop Wed eve. for an hour or two, I could bring my antenna tester if you wanted to try and do some tests.

If you want to try for some simple contacts tonight let me know. I'm planning scanner monkey while I do some coding work.

On 2/21/11 19:18, Ed Paradis wrote:
So again I'm trying to hammer out an antenna.  My magnetic loop works
OK for RX.  I've not made any contacts with it yet because I've not
tried very much.

If you're hesitant to build a mag loop like mine because you can't
figure out the capacitor problem, then check these out:

http://www.comportco.com/~w5alt/antennas/index.php?pg=3
http://www.comportco.com/~w5alt/antennas/index.php?pg=4
http://www.swharden.com/blog/2010-02-07-simple-diy-stealth-apartment-antenna-for-20m-and-40m/
http://www.southgatearc.org/articles/g0ftd/indoorantenna.htm

All of these are for about 10-20 watts operation indoors.  I'm going
to give one of these a shot tonight.  Maybe I can convince someone to
try a contact tomorrow after the net.

Ed

--
J. Eric Townsend