[hackpgh-ham] Re: Hamfest presentation materials...

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 21:55:36 -0400

On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 12:24, Matt Stultz <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> then plugged it in and tested it out to make sure it all worked for you.
> You will find all the stuff in pile on the main table.  I hope this helps.

I didn't see your email in time, but I found the prep'd materials, and it
was a huge help to be able to just swing by and swoop it up.

I also nabbed a short extension cord with, I think, 6 sockets.
When I got there, I asked about power access as we wanted to run a slide
show. They changed which table we were assigned to so we'd be closer to a
power outlet.
The power is about 7' up on a support pole. It's not visible in this shot
because it is right behind me: http://twitpic.com/34kt2t

Probably need about 30' of cord. Had it occurred to me earlier, I could
probably have nabbed something from the shop. I don't have anything at home
and won't have time in the AM to go past the shop again.

For materials I figured on the monitor we could just do a slide show from
> the flickr pool or something on the monitor. Mandy and I are working on some
> other fliers and stuff and will have them printed at kinkos tonight and
> bring them with us tomorrow. We are planning on getting there early to help
> out and to get in on any good deals.

Cool. By the time I got there (just after 8pm) they had pretty much
everything set up and it was just early vendors unpacking boxes and setting
up displays, so I was able to put our stuff up and come back home.

They told me to be there by 7:30, the public would be let in at 8 and it
will be a big crowd.

-D