[hackpgh-ham] Re: Group HF antenna build?

  • From: Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 21:37:54 -0500

DTV (like analog TV before it) is a very wide signal. I think loops
are too narrow band.  Typically you use log periodic antennas for TV
reception.

I found a good site today with all sorts of amateur radio info in Wiki form.
http://www.amateur-radio-wiki.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

It has a good set of pages about different types of antennas:
http://www.amateur-radio-wiki.net/index.php?title=Antennas

Including one about Log Periodic antennas!
http://www.amateur-radio-wiki.net/index.php?title=Log_Periodic_%28LPDA%29

It refers you to the ARRL Antenna Handbook, which the shop has in the library.

Ed