[hackpgh-ham] For the shop's 'ham shack' (to be)... maybe.

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 12:34:35 -0400

I was in NY last week, and on the way there I stopped by NJ to pick up
a used FT-817 that I've mentioned in previous emails.
I still haven't tried it out, since it didn't come with a power supply
and I was too busy dealing with in-laws to get batteries for it.
Anyways, as I was leaving Roger's house with the radio, I provoked an
attack of opportunity. Failing my defense roll, I now have a Blueberry
iMac "with ham radio software" on it. Previous owner couldn't bring
himself to recycle it since it was still working.

My plan is take it into the shop and see what's on it, and it it would
be a useful adjunct to a shop 'ham shack'.
Yes, its a bit bulky compared to a laptop, but it should at least give
us some insight into what an experience ham considers useful.
I might be in the shop later today, planning to be in Monday night regardless.

-D