[hackpgh-ham] Re: Field Day

  • From: Matthew Beckler <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 14:38:49 -0400

Sounds great, I'd love to come with. We should coordinate camping supplies and food and whatnot. Haven't been camping in a while, but did a lot with the scouts back in middle/high school. Also, ham radio!

--
Matthew

On 06/04/2011 11:29 PM, Doug Philips wrote:
I'd like to go, but want to clarify some details... the arrl contest
talks about setting up before 1800utc Sat, which is 2pm our time. i
won't be staying over night (if i go), so I'm wondering what time the
PARC folks will be arriving...

net of the net, mark me down as 70% of an attendee.

On Saturday, June 4, 2011, Matt Stultz<matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
What about radios? They have a ton, this is a great chance to learn a lot in
one weekend about ham radio and working HF.

Cool! I would still bring my own radio.
I assume we're going to charge up the nickel metal
hy-heavier-n-sin-dride batteries to take along too?
Between now and then would be a good time to get yourself some
power-pole-ized power connectors; there are powerpole connectors and a
crimping tool in the shop. :-)

-D