[hackpgh-ham] Re: Field Day

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 23:29:44 -0400

I'd like to go, but want to clarify some details... the arrl contest
talks about setting up before 1800utc Sat, which is 2pm our time. i
won't be staying over night (if i go), so I'm wondering what time the
PARC folks will be arriving...

net of the net, mark me down as 70% of an attendee.

On Saturday, June 4, 2011, Matt Stultz <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What about radios? They have a ton, this is a great chance to learn a lot in
> one weekend about ham radio and working HF.

Cool! I would still bring my own radio.
I assume we're going to charge up the nickel metal
hy-heavier-n-sin-dride batteries to take along too?
Between now and then would be a good time to get yourself some
power-pole-ized power connectors; there are powerpole connectors and a
crimping tool in the shop. :-)

-D