[hackpgh-ham] Continuous transmit Morse Code Key option?

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 18:35:25 -0400

I found this as part of the description of a key on eBay:
"The clip holds the cover closed, and can also be slipped over the
skirt of the knob to hold it down and so send out a continuous signal.
This allowed the radio operator to parachute out of a damaged plane
while still sending a homing signal for rescue craft."

I doubt that is why many non-military keys have a grounding
bar/switch, but it might explain why some do...

-D