[hackpgh-ham] Re: Before I Forget

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:19:46 -0400

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 00:31, Tim Bosse <taim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I happened across some really awesome bugs at Dayton.

Wow, I did not see any of these and I was specifically looking for
keys of any/all kinds!

>  They weren't for  sale and I didn't think to take pictures, get information
> and other such
> obvious things.  I stumbled across the maker's site whilst digging up
> some other information.  http://sites.google.com/site/wb9lpu is the
> site.  Along with paddles and straight keys, the site shows off some of
> his bugs.  http://sites.google.com/site/wb9lpu/homebrewbugsbywb9lpu

Thanks for passing those links along, very nice. I love the
magneto/mechanical issues and that he's publishing at least some of
the details although not full plans.

My reaction was "wow, it'd be cool to be able to machine those kinds
of parts" and then my reaction was "ah, what about doing a
common-parts key design"... and then for fun a "found objects" key
(found objects are kind of opposite in philosophy to design up
front..." Hmmm... pie in the sky ideas for now though.

--D