[hackpgh-ham] Re: Airglow Status for Field Day

  • From: Matthew Beckler <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:38:05 -0400

Yeah that's a good point about the restroom facilities.

I have a little portable grill, which is great for grilling, but not much else. Definitely not a stove, and wouldn't be good for boiling water.

I'm leaning towards staying home, but maybe we should have a 'hackpgh cool cats camping trip' sometime this summer.

--
Matthew

On 06/20/2011 10:29 AM, Ed Paradis wrote:
Hmm, I might not stay over night if there is no restroom.  We're going
to have an awful lot of people in one place for two days with no
facilities... it might be better to just remove some of the
"person-days" from the mix.

As MattB says, water isn't too hard when we have cars.  Just get a
couple gallons per person.

As for food:  is there a stove for heating/cooking?   I don't mind
living off hotdogs for a weekend, and those can be heated in any
number of ways.  We'd just need a cooler with some ice to keep it
cold.

Ed

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:49 AM, Matthew Beckler<matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Oof, no clean water is really rough. We'll each need probably a gallon per
day just for drinking. Actually, I guess that's not too bad, a couple gallon
jugs from GE would do the trick.

Any thoughts on food?

I'm still game, unless things start looking really bleak.

--
Matthew

On 06/20/2011 09:03 AM, Matt Stultz wrote:

A small group from PARC, Mandy, and I went out to Airglow on Saturday to
check on the status of everything out there in prep for field day.
Contrary to original reports, none of the water is working out at the
facility. There is someone coming in to work on it this week and he is
going to do everything in his power to get the toilet and bathroom sink
working by then but it's not guaranteed. The facility is also in a
pretty rough state with all of the construction going on to fix the
water situation. Mandy and I are still planning on going but are
preparing for really roughing it. We should all be ready to bring a good
supply of water for drinking and for washing hands, dishes, food prep.
If this doesn't sound like your cup of tea and you were planning on
coming, let me know if we should not be expecting you.

Thanks,
Matt