[hackpgh-ham] Re: Airglow Status for Field Day

  • From: Matthew Beckler <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-ham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:49:41 -0400

Oof, no clean water is really rough. We'll each need probably a gallon per day just for drinking. Actually, I guess that's not too bad, a couple gallon jugs from GE would do the trick.

Any thoughts on food?

I'm still game, unless things start looking really bleak.

--
Matthew

On 06/20/2011 09:03 AM, Matt Stultz wrote:
A small group from PARC, Mandy, and I went out to Airglow on Saturday to
check on the status of everything out there in prep for field day.
Contrary to original reports, none of the water is working out at the
facility. There is someone coming in to work on it this week and he is
going to do everything in his power to get the toilet and bathroom sink
working by then but it's not guaranteed. The facility is also in a
pretty rough state with all of the construction going on to fix the
water situation. Mandy and I are still planning on going but are
preparing for really roughing it. We should all be ready to bring a good
supply of water for drinking and for washing hands, dishes, food prep.
If this doesn't sound like your cup of tea and you were planning on
coming, let me know if we should not be expecting you.

Thanks,
Matt