[hackpgh-discuss] Re: soft circuits class

  • From: "j. eric townsend" <jet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 21:38:21 -0400

Going to punt on this, Leah is going home Sat am.

On 4/8/12 21:23, Douglas Philips wrote:
On 2012 Apr 8, at 8:29 PM, j. eric townsend wrote:
Who's teaching this weekend and what technology are you using?  Lilypad, by any
chance?

ex-member Liz is teaching.
As per the first class, it's just wire and LEDs and batteries. I floated the
idea of Lilypad, but she felt for beginners to electronics and sewing, throwing
in programming was too much (would also jack the price of the course).

My pal Leah Buechley<http://www.media.mit.edu/people/leah>  is going to be
giving a talk this Friday at CMU.  Right now I'm working on:
-- getting Hack Pittsburgh non-students/staff/faculty cleared for her talk.
(She invented this thing called Lilypad, you might have heard of it. :-)

Awesome!

-- convincing Leah to do some research/visit/hello_world to the Soft Circuits
class, if that's ok with the instructor.

You'll have to ask Liz.
I'll say at the moment I'm a bit worried as we've had no ticket sales yet. :-(

-=Doug

--
J. Eric Townsend
design: www.allartburns.org; hacking: www.flatline.net;  HF: KG6ZVQ