[hackpgh-discuss] safety class this Saturday, 1pm

  • From: "j. eric townsend" <jet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss <hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 10:57:27 -0400

hey everyone,

We're working towards having a regular safety class both for new members and for when we bring in new equipment. These will be free classes that provide an introduction to shop and equipment safety issues that all members need to know.

To get things started, we're going to do a trial talk this Saturday starting at 1pm. It'll be a short (1hr) overview of safety in general and a high level look at some of the power tools and other safety-related issues in the shop. We'll have a Q&A session at the end to answer questions, talk about any changes we might need to make in the shop, and make lists of things that need to be in lists. We haven't decided how often we'll do these, but I suspect that will be one of the things we discuss after the talk.

See you Saturday,

--jet

--
J. Eric Townsend