[hackpgh-discuss] Re: opposite of a flex sensor

  • From: Logan Stack <logan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 13:47:29 -0500
On 3 Mar 2011, at 11:41 , jeff kramer wrote:
> An important differentiation question: mussel or muscle?

muscle
I don't know how to spell 'exercise' either... does that make me a geek?

Ed: I started my quest looking at more mechanical means like you suggested...

But I got frustrated. The spine bends in a nice arc in any direction.

Maybe I could print vertebrae on a MakerBot and pull on a string to 'contract
the muscle' in the direction of the bend?
But that seems pretty fragile compared to a material that contracts/bends under
voltage, and I swear I've seen this material used somewhere. I just can't
remember where, and can't search for it because I don't remember what it's
called :-(