[hackpgh-discuss] Website/marketing brainstorm

  • From: Elijah Richter <elirichter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 10:44:16 -0400

I was thinking about the discussion we had at the members meeting last
night, and I think that we could really benefit from a re-design of our
website.  Mostly, I think that we need make things like how to visit more
clear, set up an info mailing list (I would assume it's just a matter of
setting up a second list right?), and also better document what resources
we have (something less buried / more up-to-date than the wiki).

Doug, were you planning on working on the balloon next Weds? If not, we
should get together that day and brainstorm for some ideas on the website.
I'm willing to help lead/co-lead the design phase, but I'm not a web guy,
so if anyone would be willing to do the actual site work that would be
really helpful.

-Eli