[hackpgh-discuss] Power question

  • From: Lori Hepner <lori.hepner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:23:06 -0400

Hey guys,

I'm having issues with my new slip ring (aka chunky metal ballbearing) sending
power to my arduino & xbee in my sculpture.  My guess is that the chunky metal
is sucking up some of the power when it's transferring.  Any advice on how to
figure out what type of wall wort I'll need for my set up?  I've been using one
spec'd for the arduino, but it doesn't work when put through the slip ring
setup ( worked when plugged directly into board).

I now have a multi-meter (operating it correctly Is different story), if that
will be of use in determining necessary specs.

Any practical advice would be super appreciated, as I don't want to kill my led
array or electrocute myself in the process of finishing the sculpture.  I can
promise art or baked goods as appreciation for advice.

-Lori