[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Friday Night - Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator

  • From: Matthew Beckler <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:10:09 -0400

So, of course, my other obligation on friday night fell through and I'm free from 5:00 onward. I think my finish-it project for this friday will be to Artemis installed and see if I can't figure out enough to test-drive it.

-Matthew

On 03/20/2012 01:49 PM, Scott Thomas wrote:
We discussed at the shop last night, and the general consensus was that
we need to try this game out as a shop privately, before opening it to
the broader public as an event. That being said, we need to make this
happen one night in the next couple of weekends; it looks bad ass.

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Tim Cannon <timmycninja@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:timmycninja@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I WANT TO DO THIS SO BAD. I have towers(some fully functional, some
    not) and a pico-projector. Can I get back tomorrow if it looks easy
    enough to give a go?

    On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM, Scott Thomas
    <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

        All,
        As of right now, we do not have an event scheduled for friday. I
        think this is a great excuse to try out the Spaceship Bridge
        Simulator, Artemis (http://www.artemis.eochu.com/).
        Basically, one computer acts as the server, and has a projector
        hooked up to it. 2 - 5 other computers then connect via LAN, and
        each acts as various stations (engineering, weapons, etc). One
        person takes command as Captain, and is responsible for leading
        the crew. The Captain doesn't actually really interact with a
        computer; rather it is their job to coordinate the activities of
        the various stations.

        Unfortunately, I will be out of town, and Doug is unable to head
        this one up. We need someone to step up to volunteer to run this
        event. You don't need to be Captain; we just need someone who
        can make sure everyone gets hooked up to the network, get the
        game installed, etc. Please shoot me an email if you can run this.

        This one isn't set in stone yet. If you have a Friday Night
        event idea that you'd like to execute in 5 days, then please let
        me know.

        Thanks,
        Scott