[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Artemis

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:27:41 -0400

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 16:32, Dean <talldean@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Vinyl records vent some fumes when heated that are basically
> phthalates and dioxin.  If you're doing a few bowls, probably no issue
> at all, but worth knowing.

Yeah, that is good to know.

> If you're starting to make 'em to sell on Etsy or mass market, "fume
> hood, thick gloves and dedicated oven" might be the order of the day.

Not sure we have much call for that... but I don't know how many records we
are still waiting to melt/soften. Sounds like we shouldn't really be doing
that much more than onesies or twosies.... (cue Matt S's stories about how
many years he's already taken off his life with the various shop improvement
chemical projects...)

-D