[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Artemis

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:15:46 -0400

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 16:05, Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The only problem would be if some plastic got left in so long that it
> melted completely and ended up on the heating element.  That would be
> pretty bad, but I don't think it'd preclude using the oven for food
> after cleaning.  The recommendation is to put aluminum foil across the
> lowest rack to to prevent the situation.

Which is a good recommendation for food too, to keep the heating coils clean
in general.

> You can also use food safe plastic in the vacuum former, but certainly
> being a 'food safe' product doesn't count the results of burning said
> product.

Aces!

Back to my original question, can we vacu-bake pieces small enough to be
used on a game board (chess, checkers, Parcheesi, Monopoly (ooo, HackPgh
monopoly pieces!), etc) or is only really good for Storm Trooper armor?

Shapelock has some promise for making game pieces too, right?

-D