[hackpgh-discuss] Artemis

  • From: Chris Teodorski <chris.teodorski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:25:29 -0400

Sorry if this is old news -- but it seemed like something that might
be of interest to some of the gamers in the group.

http://artemis.eochu.com/

It sounds like a neat geek night thing and if we make a video of our
shenanigans and upload it to youtube, we could get a free copy of the
game for the shop.   The game is explained below:

Artemis is a multiplayer, multi-computer networked game for Windows computers.

Artemis simulates a spaceship bridge by networking several computers
together. One computer runs the simulation and the "main screen",
while the others serve as workstations for the normal jobs a bridge
officer might do, like Helm, Communication, Engineering, and Weapon
Control.

Artemis is a social game where several players are together in one
room ("bridge") , and while they all work together, one player plays
the Captain, a person who sits in the middle, doesn't have a
workstation, and tells everyone what to do.

Chris