hackfix-virusnews: Worms spread faster, blended threats grow

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackfix-virusnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:16:39 -0400

Worms spread faster, blended threats grow
By John Leyden

Virus writers are increasingly targeting more recent
security vulnerabilities in their attempts to spread
malicious code.

The latest bi-annual Internet Security Threat Report
from Symantec found that 64 per cent of all new
attacks targeted vulnerabilities less than one year
old. The Blaster worm, for example, appeared only 26
days after the vulnerability it exploited was
announced.

Some 66 per cent of all attacks documented in the
first half of 2003 exploited vulnerabilities
categorised as highly severe.

Read more here:

=A9 The Register.

~*~*~*~*~
To unsubscribe from our list send an email
to hackfix-virusnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe.

For a complete list of email commands for our list send
an email to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of
"info hackfix-virusnews" without the quotes.
~*~*~*~*~