hackfix-virusnews: Norton users on XP face reactivation problem

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackfix-virusnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:47:16 -0500

Norton users on XP face reactivation problem

By Sam Varghese
October 29, 2003

Users of Norton's Anti-Virus 2004 have been
experiencing problems on Windows XP for nearly a
month now, with the anti-virus software requiring
reactivation after a computer is rebooted 25 times.

Symantec regional product manager Norman Kohlberger
said the problem had been noticed with the
international English and US English builds of NAV
2004.

In August this year, Symantec announced that it would
be introducing activation for all its products,
beginning with NAV 2004.

Activation has to be carried out within 14 days of
installation, else the software is rendered unusable.

Read more here:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/29/106723321
7079.html
Copyright  =A9 2003. The Age Company Ltd

~*~*~*~*~
To unsubscribe from our list send an email
to hackfix-virusnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe.

For a complete list of email commands for our list send
an email to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of
"info hackfix-virusnews" without the quotes.
~*~*~*~*~