hackfix-virusnews: CA revives free AV software offer

  • From: "Christy" <snowz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackfix-virusnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:56:47 -0500

CA revives free AV software offer
By John Leyden

Computer Associates today revived a free AV software
offer to consumers months 18 months after canning a
similar service as no longer viable.

In conjunction with Microsoft, CA is offering
"qualified Windows home computer users" with a
no-charge, one-year subscription to CA's eTrust EZ
Armor antivirus and firewall desktop security suite.

CA discontinued updates for its free InoculateIT
Personal Edition (IPE) anti-virus software in May
2002. Now, with Microsoft's support, a similar AV
service is back with the added bonus of firewall
software to boot.

Read more here:
 =A9 The Register.

~*~*~*~*~
To unsubscribe from our list send an email
to hackfix-virusnews-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe.

For a complete list of email commands for our list send
an email to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of
"info hackfix-virusnews" without the quotes.
~*~*~*~*~