[habitatsayiti] Re: the new shelter drinks mailing list!

  • From: Darren Gill <darrengill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: habitatsayiti@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:31:01 -0400

wow, and i thought my wednesday evening was exciting, apparently i was
wrong...good job. however, who adds email addresses? the "steering
committee" (btw - who's replacing anna?  anja maybe?) or anyone who wants
to? there needs to be some control over who can add names, but the
unsubscribe function is good. however, universal problem with an actual
mailing list is once the address leaks out - anyone - including spamming
agencies/bars etc can access it. I'm all in favour of trying it. Another
easy option, if spam takes over, would simply be a google group which
allows you to benefit from googles' great spam filter.

d.

--
Darren Gill, Program Coordinator
*Architecture for Humanity*

Architecture for Humanity is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that
seeks architectural solutions to humanitarian crisis and brings design
services to communities in need. If you'd like to learn more about our
organization, please visit: http://www.architectureforhumanity.org