[guispeak] Re: the privacy tab in internet explorer 6

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 02:45:49 -0500

Hi -- No the unblocking doesn't work for emails.
If your spam is blocked by your ISP then it is done on the server before it ever gets to you.
I personally never use spam filtering, either from my ISP or on my mailer.
The reason is that when I did a few years back, when I had a ridiculously bad spam problem, I ended up sifting through the filtered messages anyway to be sure nothing important got clobbered, and so if I have to do that anyway, why filter at all?
But now that I've dumped that account and gotten a new one, I have had very little problem with spam, mainly because I have learned (after that experience) not to share my email indiscriminantly, and also if you get a spam, never reply to it, even to unsubscribe, as that only tells them they have a live reader and will result in more spam.
It has paid off -- I've had this account for almost 18 months now with very little spam.
But I'll have to try unblocking web pages as I've discovered aa page that I can't connect to.
Question: what happens to a web page that has been blocked? Does it just say "server not found"? or does it give a different message?
I have asked my ISP about this site and they have connected to it with no problem, as does everyone else I know, so I know it's on my machine.
I recently installed SP2.
Also, my ISP says it is not in their blocked domain list.
So is it on the security tab of the internet options? or is it a different tab?
Thanks and good luck.
--le

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott V" <scott2089@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>