[guispeak] Re: pdf2txt

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 22:44:09 -0500

Adobe 7 was previously associated. In the pdf2txt submenu I checked the option to associate pdf2txt instead.

After dissociating pdf2txt and reassociating Adobe thone document opens correctly with pdf2txt, but gives the winpdf message if I open it with Adobe. Since nothing is important, it's all okay, but very strange. And two documents I tested with before writing you yesterday only give the WINpdf screen:

med card.pdf
2
This document was created with Win2PDF available at http://www.daneprairie.com.

The unregistered version of Win2PDF is for evaluation or non-commercial use only.

 At 10:13 AM 6/4/2009, you wrote:
I could not replicate your results.  If associating .pdf files does not
work with the shortcut for that in the PDF2TXT program group within the
Start Menu, then try associating via Windows Explorer or My Computer,
e.g., via the Open With option on the Context Menu.  The program to
associate would be
C:\PDF2TXT\pdf2txt.exe

I suspect that another program was previously associated with PDFs, and
this is producing the message on your computer.

Jamal