[guispeak] deleting from your clipboard

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:12:03 -0400

Hi Dan,
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but just trying to sort this out.  Where
are you seeing these additional files? Are you using a screen reader, and
the screen reader is speaking two extra filenames when you hit Ctrl+A to
select all? Bear in mind that the files aren't actually copied to the
clipboard until you hit Ctrl+C or issue the "Copy" command from the Edit
menu.  The select-all just selects all the files in anticipation of doing
something with them be it a delete, a copy, or a cut to clipboard.

One more little point:  Probably the most convenient way to see what files
you actually have on the clipboard is to create an empty folder somewhere
and then do a paste into it.  Then whatever files you have on the
clipboard should be deposited in that new folder.  Of course, if you used
the "Cut" command to put the files on the clipboard in the first place,
then the "Paste" will actually move the files from where they started to
the new folder.

All the best,
Jerry

"Dan Thompson" <dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
07/10/2007 09:46 AM
Please respond to
guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[guispeak] Re: guispeak Digest V4 #94

I guess I don't really.  But every time I select  files from any
directory,
the two files show up iin the list even if the files are not i in the
directory.

Thanks for   asking.