[guispeak] Re: buying a new computer

  • From: Monte Single <mrsingle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:01:45 -0700

Whether you choose AMD or Inter, stay away from the low end ones like the
Celeron cpus. Get a processor with at least 512 meg of level 2 cache in even 1
gig. Same goes for the ram, at least 512 , and 1 gig is better for the extra
fifty bucks it will cost; unless you buy something branded like a Dell and they
really stick it to you for the ram upgrade.
It's ok to use the integrated sound and video; but make sure the mainboard you
buy has enough expansion slots to let you put in your own cards if you do not
like the onboard ones.