[guispeak] Re: buying a new computer
- From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
- To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:46:35 -0400
Here are some thoughts to your questions.
1. memory, get as much as you can afford, it is never wasted. 1 gigabyte
is pretty much what is recommended by people who want good performing systems.
2. You'll have to listen to the speakers, no way to determine what sounds
good to you without hearing it, but I like the Bose Acoustic wave for
computers, not bad sound at all
Some people love the AMD processors, I like Intel Centrinos for laptops and
most anything that is fast for desktops. Again, it is a pocketbook thing.
For a laptop, integrated sound/video are the only choice. If you cannot
see, video is largely irrelevant. Otherwise, go for separate motherboard,
sound card and video card. You get a much wider choice that way, and the
audio of the standalone cards is always better, in my opihnion, than the
5. I cannot answer about xp media center, but if I were you, I would go
with XP pro. I've used home and found it has hangups with networks and
such, do not like it.
Hope this helps a little.
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** and in the Subject line type
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** or send a message, to
** guispeak-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
Other related posts: