[guispeak] Re: alt-F4 closing one window at a time

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 23:45:36 -0500

Hi -- Well, under the tools menu is folder options, which you can also get to on the control panel.
This dialog has 3 tabs: general, view and file types.
Under general is a set of radio buttons for launching folders in separate windows.
However, under view, there is also a large tree view of file settings and options that you might find interesting.
I'm looking at windows xp home, but the same dialog (perhaps with slightly different options) is available on all versions of windows.
But in the tree view of settings and options is something about launching in separate processes.
I don't know if that means windows explorer or something else, but I have it turned off.
Hmm.
Anyway, look at the general and view tabs under folder options and you will probably find the settings you want.
Also, at the top of the view tab there is a button that applies the selected settings to all folders rather than just to the current folder.
So when you are done fiddling with the settings, first hit the apply button and then go up to the top of the view tab and hit the apply to all folders button and then hit ok and you will have it set.
Good luck and let me know how it all works out!
Take care.
--le

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron or Susan Denis" <rdenis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>