[guispeak] Re: accounts in outlook express

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 09:11:44 -0400

You know, I looked at the import and export in the file menu and the problem
is that there is no way defined there to export "account" settings -- you
can only import them.  Strange.
You can export address book or messages, and the import option lists those
plus other things including account settings for news and mail.

In case anyone is confused, when I say account (using OE's own terminology),
I mean the data profile for the "accounts" under the tools menu.  You can
set it up for mail or news, and the settings include server info and
protocols and ports and all that bit-picky stuff...

Actually, I see 3 things that need to be imported and exported -- first, the
address book, then the messages, then finally the account profiles for news
and mail.

You can indeed import and export the account settings in the accounts dialog
(on the tools menu) so it is possible, but it should really be handled in a
centralized place so people don't have to search and scramble their data all
over...

Hope this clarifies.
--le