[guispeak] Trouble making CDs

  • From: Dorothea Martin <dotty-martin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 12:43:20 +0200

Hello,
I'm still using my old faithful Toshiba Portege 3025 subnotebook with
350MHz processer, 96MB of RAM and a 6.4GB hard drive with an external
Iomega CDZip CD writer and Easy Creater 5. I was able to make CDs until a
couple of weeks ago when I bought new blank media. Now, however, the CD or
the program gets stuck in Direct CD mode when I am adding a file, not the
first or the second but the fifth or sixth. The JFW still works but the
process of copying to the CD is halted and I end up with a coaster. Where
should I begin to look for the problem? I have scanned and defragmented the
computer and have refreshed the driver for the CD writer, also re-installed
the Direct CD software.
Dotty Martin