[guispeak] Transferring Mail Folders From An Old Machine

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 10:07:27 -0800

Hi all,
I've been using a Dell 4100 running Windows ME for five years and just got a
brand-new Dell 5150 running Windows XP Pro.  It's a real screamer, but that's
not what I'm writing about.  Here's the deal: I've archived a lot of mail on
the old machine, correspondence from family and friends, archived mail from
various lists etc. and I managed to pull the .dbx files off of the old machine
and put them into a directory on the root of the new hard drive.  Now what I
want to do is plug them into the appropriate place where Outlook Express stores
them on the new machine.  Is this even feasible? What's the best way to do
this, as I want to make the process as quick and painless as possible.
Thanks in advance.

Tom