[guispeak] Text pal suggestion

  • From: "Donald L. Roberts" <donald_roberts_99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 08:53:56 -0700

Hello,

I have taken the liberty of placing this request on list since I
know that Jamal monitors this list, and I do not know to what
address he would want such a suggestion sent.

Jamal, Text Pal is wonderful.  There is one command which I think
you may refer to as a token which I would like to see included in
a future release.

Regular expression programs usually include a token to represent
any number.  I would very much like to see this token included in
Text Pal.  Just yesterday, for example, I had occasion to  change
every occurrence of a new line followed by a number to a space
followed by that same number.  So, since there was no such token,
I had to go through the tedious process of replacing new line 1
with space 1, then the same thing for 2 through 9.

This is not a big deal, it would just be a great enhancement.
Thanks for listening.

Cordially,

Don Roberts