[guispeak] Re: Question about GoldWave

  • From: gerald.g.weichbrodt@xxxxxx
  • To: guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 08:02:42 -0400

Hi Keith.  Not sitting in front of Gold Wave at the moment, but I'm
thinking the item on the Effects menu called "resample" might do the trick.
I've heard of folks recording Library of Congress-style tapes in stereo
from a 1-7/8 IPS stereo cassette tape deck, halving the speed, and
reversing one of the channels so as to recover the 15/16-IPS audio, so I'm
sure speed adjustment is possible.

Regards,
Jerry

                      "Keith Bundy"

                      <keith.bundy@dsu.        To:
<guispeak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      edu>                     cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [guispeak] Question
about GoldWave
                      guispeak@freelist

                      s.org

                      08/22/2005 11:05

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      guispeak

I am using GoldWave to do some sound editing, and inadvertently saved a
sound file in .xac format.  When I play it back, I find that it is very
accelerated
in speed.  Is there a way to slow it down so that I can save it as an mp3
file of normal speed?
I tried saving it as is in mp3 format, and it still sounds like Alvin the
Chipmunk.  Thanks for any help you can give.
Keith