[guispeak] OpenBook

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:58:44 -0400

Hello all --
I just purchased the latest version of OpenBook and installed it.  I did not
install connect out loud or realspeak as I have jaws8.

But I ran the program and it immediaitely started scanning and I couldn't
stop it.  Furthermore, it doesn't behave like jaws in that I can't access
menus or help of any kind.
I am stumped as to how to work this thing.  There is a readme that hasn't
been updated since 2004 and gives no directions on how to use it.
There is a "Getting Started" audio CD that I started listening to, but it is
full of stuff like registering the product and sounds as old as the
readme -- it even refers to using the floppy authorization cd.
I suppose I should have listened to the whole thing bu after 10 minutes with
only limited information, I turned it off.

That appears to be the only documentation there is for this thing.
Am I missing something?
Perhaps there was a document that got put away somewhere but I don't
remember one.

Can anyone point me to a good help file for OpenBook?
Well, at least I know my scanner is working...*smile*
TIA
--le